Sunday, July 11, 2010

Angelina doesn't want to be Bon'd girl. She wants to be Bond.




HollywoodNews.com: Angelina Jolie doesn’t play the hero’s girl–she plays the hero. Vanity Fair reports that Jolie turned down the role of a Bond girl in one of the Bond movie reboots. She explains how her casting in “Salt” came about with, “It started with a call from Amy [Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures]. She asked if I wanted to play a Bond girl. I said, ‘No, I’m not comfortable with that, but I would like to play Bond.’ We laughed, and then, about a year later, she called back and said, ‘I think I found it.’”

Jolie’s role in “Salt” as the titular character, a secret agent of sorts, is meant to be the female answer to Matt Damon’s Jason Bourne but was originally written for Tom Cruise. “You think it would be easy [to change],” Jolie muses to Vanity Fair. “You just flip the character from Edwin to Edwina. But it was a lot trickier than we thought. For example, the male character had a child. And he knows he’ll be in danger much of the time. And we realized that, as a woman, if you knew your life was at risk, you’d never have a child. The physicality had to change too. I’m smaller than everybody, so how do I go up against a bunch of men without looking silly? How do I fight? We made her meaner than a guy, and dirty. She uses the walls, the fact that she’s lighter and can throw herself around. It’s the Chihuahua up against the big dogs.”

“Salt” opens in theatres this month, and the edition of Vanity Fair featuring Jolie’s interview is on stands now.

Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment